ID & Legalisation

Legalisation / Apostille

It may be the case that your document will require legalisation and/or an Apostille. The Apostille is when a certificate is issued by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) which verifies the signature and/or seal of the Notary Public, on your document and the capacity in which he or she has acted and as if your document was legalised at an Embassy.

There is a Premium same day service which costs £75 per apostille, from the FCO based in London. The standard service costs £30 per apostille, from the FCO based in Milton Keynes. There is a 2-3 day turnaround with this service.

The requirements for your document will depend on the country involved and this can be discussed and I am happy to assist you with this process.


Under our money laundering obligations, each client must provide identification as follows:

  • passport

  • driving licence (with photo card)

  • national identity card (EEA state members)

  • an armed forces pass (with photo and signature)

  • firearms licence (with photo and signature)

  • other government issue ID (with photo and signature)

  • residence permit

  • benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency

  • Acceptable proof of residence includes one of the following original documents:

  • Bank statement or letter from bank

  • Utility bill or council tax bill

  • Tenancy agreement or Housing Association rent card

  • Inland revenue tax demand or self assessment statement

For business clients, I will (in addition to checking your personal identity) need to establish the existence of your company and that you are authorised to represent that company. I will conduct my own checks to satisfy myself that the company exists. You have to produce certain documents including:

  • Certificate of incorporation

  • Extract from the company register

  • Certificate of Good Standing

  • Latest report and audited accounts

  • Up to date certified copy of partnership agreement

I will discuss with you the documents that you will need.